Saturday 22 May 2010

GARTH PICTURE FOR ALAN DAVIS 1995




Just seen this on Alan Davis's website

http://www.alandavis-comicart.com/ADCollection.html

another blast from the past in 1995 i drew this for Alan as a thank you piece as he was kind enough to draw a Garth picture for my brother who was very ill at the time with Thrombosis ,

my brother Jim is a huge Alan Davis fan.

I drew Garth as he's one of Alan's favourite strip characters
Garth was published in The Daily Mirror newspaper in the U.k several artists drew him but the version Alan likes best is the one drawn by Frank Bellamy
so i drew my picture in ''Bellamy'' style featuring characters from one of my favourite Garth stories by Bellamy ''The Bubble Man''

which is now being republished by Spaceship away magazine
coloured by John Ridgeway

GARTH COPYRIGHT MIRROR NEWSPAPER GROUP PLC 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment